Click the image to open the interactive version.
All Saints church is set back from Margaret Street (just north of Oxford Street in the centre of London) in a small courtyard. It was designed by architect William Butterfield in 1850 and completed by 1859.Inside, the walls are covered in spectacular tiled murals. Designed by Butterfield, they were painted by Alexander Gibbs and manufactured by Henry Poole and Sons. The floor tiles are a bold geometric design by Minton. The chancel vault is a deep blue field of stars and the reredos by William Dyce (later copied and replaced by Ninian Comper in the early 1900s when the original had became blackened by the London air) depicts the life of Christ ending at the vault with Christ in Majesty.