At the recent IVRPA conference in Quebec, we announced that we will soon begin accepting 360º video. Our goal is to create a high quality, curated collection of 360º videos that will be of interest to both our licensing customers and to those of our distribution partner, Getty Images.
We have now launched 360 video pages (https://video.360cities.net/video_page.html?handle=angel-of-peace) that are similar to our panorama pages. We started by asking a few contributors to share some videos with us in order to create a small 360 Video Gallery.
We will eventually promote this new collection to our website visitors and licensing customers, so any videos uploaded will be available for licensing by default. And of course, if we license any videos of yours, it will mean royalty payments for you.As this is a soft launch, and we are still working on the backend, we ask that you opt in by emailing Elena at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “360ºVideo – Opt In”.
1. Once you are opted in
Once you opted in, you’ll see a new “Upload Video” link in the top menu of your account dashboard.
2. Content guidelines and recommendations
Places, Spaces, Landmarks, Places of Interest, Landscapes (Rural and Urban), The Unseen and The Inaccessible.Specific examples include:
Woodland, forests, deserts, beaches, fields, beautiful landscapes, snowy locations, ocean environments, urban street scenes, underwater, mountain views, bustling cities at night, lakes, rivers, iconic views, weather based content (raining/snowing/high winds), travel (planes/trains/automobiles), coral reefs, volcanic environments, landscape gardens, moorland, sports pitches (football/rugby/tennis/basketball/American football), sand dunes….
3. Technical specifications
- Format: .mp4, .m4v or .mov
- Duration: 10 – 60 seconds
- Aspect ratio: 2:1
- Resolution: minimum resolution of 2048×1024
- Audio: not required
- Maximum size: 4GB
4. How to upload
- We recommend that you use Google Chrome, because it shows accurate upload progress information.
- Sign in to your account, go to the Dashboard and click the “Upload Video” link in the top menu.
- Choose a thumbnail image and upload it. (The thumbnail image should be the same resolution as your video file.)
- Add a title, description and tags, following the instructions given.
- Click Save. Your 360º video will now be processed.