In one week from now, that’s Wednesday November 25th, we are starting the new Tour de 360 Cities competition. We are not going to reveal everything today but you should get a pretty good idea about what the competition will be about. Read the following carefully so you know how to prepare.
It will be something we’ve never done before so we hope you are as excited as we are. There are going to be prizes worth of more than $1400 (US dollars). This is only possible thanks to Bill from Nodal Ninja (panoramic tripod heads and accessories), Joost from PtGUI (panoramic photo stitching software) who are the sponsors of the competition. The fisheye lens prize is sponsored by 360 Cities.
- Start: Wednesday November 25th, 2009
- Start of 2nd stage: Wednesday December 2nd, 2009 (after 1 week)
- Start of 3rd stage: Wednesday December 9th, 2009 (after 2 weeks)
- 3 stages total, each stage takes 1 week, new stage announced every Wednesday
- Winners of a stage are announced each week
- End: Wednesday December 16th, 2009 after which the overall winners are announced
- Nodal Ninja NN5 w/RD16 top of the line panoramic head and Nodal Ninja EZ-Leveler-II (approximately $550 + $110 + free shipping = approximately $700 value)
- Two PTGui Professional Licences for stitching panoramic photos (approximately $460 value)
- Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens (approximately $300 value)
- 360 Cities Wall Calendars
- Nodal Ninja discount coupons
- 360 Cities prints discount coupons
How to Win
- There are going to be activities rewarded by points. We are not going to reveal details now but these activities will be related to uploading panoramas and inviting new members to join 360 Cities. It will not be required to invite anybody, you can win just by uploading panoramas.
- Each stage ends on Wednesday, whoever gets the most points during the stage wins
- To win the main prize, you need to get the most points during the whole competition (3 weeks/stages)
- Details will be announced during the launch
Terms & Conditions
- To be announced during the launch of the competition
The start of the competition will be announced on Wenesday November 25th here on 360 Cities Blog, so don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS. You can also follow our @360Cities twitter and 360 Cities fan page on Facebook for updates!
8 thoughts on “Sneak Preview of “Tour de 360 Cities” 3 Week Panorama Competition”
Wow I like the new competition, the results come out before the start 🙂
* Start: Wednesday November 25th, 2009
* End: Wednesday November 16th, 2009 after which the overall winners are announced”
Did I win ?
Hi Geoff, thanks for noticing! 😉 Corrected!
The contest is a great idea – many thanks for organizing it. I also like the new 360Cities.net blog – very clean and neat format easy to get updates etc.
Hi Richard, thanks a lot for your comment. 😉 We hope you like the prizes and that you will participate, too.
estou ancioso para o começo
We’re glad to hear that. Greetings to Portugal!
Olá Fabio ..ansioso escreve-se com s e não com c …poxa…